Spectrum is the LGBTQ+ Student Advocacy Organization at Pinecrest High School
Join the Pinecrest Spectrum Remind Group
Text @SpectrumPC to phone number 81010
Meetings are in auditorium alcove unless otherwise noted.
Make sure to use back door (by animal science class) or side doors (by the stage) to enter auditorium.
Nov 3, 4-5:30 pm
Full Group Meeting, Spectrum Elections
Sandhills Pride Executive Director Special Guest
Nov 17, 8-8:30 am
Dec 8, 4-5:30 pm
Full Group Meeting
- To create a safe environment at Pinecrest High School for LGBTQ+ students and allies to support each other, and learn about issues concerning sexual orientation and gender identity.
- To give students the opportunity to interact with one another to facilitate understanding, tolerance, and acceptance.
- To fight discrimination, harassment, violence, and bullying in schools.
- Assume Best Intentions/Practice Best Intentions
- Speaking: Only one person speaks at a time, allow them to finish before responding
- Respect Self and Others, respect opinions and experiences (especially if different from your own)
- Participation: Make sure everyone is allowed to participate (Move Up/Move Back)
- Ask Questions if you are unsure of anything
- Speak from your own Experience
Faculty Sponsors Elena Samkin, Kaitlin Welch, and Adam Faw.